Throughout this summer, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is offering its series of virtual webinars dubbed “Trademark Basics Boot Camp.” The series appears to be tailored to small business owners and entrepreneurs and is broken up into eight modules focused on discrete topics. Registration for the upcoming modules listed below, as well as access to other past and future modules, is available here.
- July 13: Module 6: Responding to an office action
- July 20: Module 7: Keeping your registration alive
- July 27: Module 8: Question-and-answer panel
- August 3: Module 1: Fundamentals
- August 10: Module 2: Registration process overview
- August 17: Module 3: Searching
- August 24: Module 4: Application requirements
- August 31: Module 5: Application filing walk-through
The USPTO is also offering a separate upcoming event geared toward the restaurant industry. The free two-hour virtual event, titled “Don’t burn your brand: intellectual property for restaurants,” is set for July 19. It will include an overview of trademarks, patents, copyrights, and trade secrets in the food-service industry and will cover topics ranging from trademark basics to choosing, filing, and registering trademarks. Registration for the event is available here.
Don’t miss these opportunities for free information and advice on trademarks and other intellectual property – valuable ways to protect and promote your brand – from the USPTO itself.